Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > MaxiDas at Harbor Freight
MaxiDas at Harbor Freight

4131 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2014-09-22 07:58:00

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    cmennenger
    2014-08-19 08:21:07
     Has anybody else in the US seen the ad for the 708 from Harbor Freight? I admit to shopping HF when I need shop supplies but a "professional" scan tool? I think this will further diminish Autel's standing with the professional Auto Repair Community. Any thoughts?

•   Level 3   
    (55) points
    jgins

2014-08-25 14:55:43

I don't think the average Harbor Freight customer is likely to just toss one in the cart, rather I think it would take an auto professional who is savvy enough to know what it really is.  I'd be curious to know if HF is considered an authorized U.S. dealer. They have a good price on it but I would be concerned about being able to update it, etc.

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    brgd835

2014-08-30 17:56:10

You can always call AUTEL and ask them if  HF is considered an authorized dealer. Plus calling you nearest local HF asking if they are authorized dealers for the tool might give you some info. It can not hurt by calling both parties. Also, mostly like you might look to buy with credit which in case you try the tool and either you're unable to get it updated, support, etc you can always return within 60-90 days for a refund, as HF guarantees your satisfaction.

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    cmennenger
    2014-09-18 14:38:12 (Reply to:jgins)
     I think your correct. Just kind of hurts when the customer knows you bought your "dealer level" tool at Harbor Freight. Not exactly a high end diagnostic tool anymore.

•   Level 5   
    (256) points
    Phase 4 autokey

2014-09-21 12:58:48 (Reply to:cmennenger)

Just spotted this thread. Pep boys beat them to it,  a guy that knuckle busted on old cars said he couldn't get it to connect to anything he worked on, so he returned it. 

•   Level 5   
    (254) points
    De Technician

2014-09-22 07:58:00 (Reply to:Phase 4 autokey)

friend  launch  and  carman  scan  give old car  data even laptop the 
     ds708 a good tool but less data  too car  so is it Good tool then ?
     autel dont threat us good i will hope other diagnostic tool dealer and company see the mistake and correct them
  Total1 Pages